Skip to main content

The Abode of Wonders




  • Abode (Home)

A room that epitomizes heaven. A room that speaks well of the occupant. A room, just for the engineer. A room just for me. Welcome to my new room!!!

After staying for two months in our Staff House, my boardmates and I have come to Villa Apolonia (that’s in Campos Street, Dasma Bayan, Cavite). It’s a great place by the way; we have a 2-storey unit, with 2 rooms and 2 comfort rooms (Just like globe... 222!). Let me introduce you to this place I call heaven…

  • My Lair. This is where I spend most of my time (besides my comfort room and bed). I have my inspirational books, engineering books and my Bible. I get inspiration from my the blue rectangular glass covered frame (which I’ll be introducing to you a little while). From the inspiration, I post my directions in my own cork board with all the little things I do like my laundry chores, my CFC-FFL schedules, directories and some names to invite and to emailed about many good news. It’s not quite a good desk but I can live with it, I have my laptop anyways.
  • The thing I call blue rectangular glass covered frame.

Well here it is..As promised I’m introducing you to it. The thing I call blue rectangular glass covered frame is actually a simple picture frame with some simple couple dong extra ordinary poses- Pa cute pose, pa sweet pose. I had (my Francine and I) our pictures in it. See. We look good... Now are you inspired as well?

  • My lungga. My uratex foam and strong iron bed-Great combo!!

My lungga is my resting place. That’s the first and last place I am when I’m just home. By the way, that bear is from my Baby. She gave it to me during our Bataan-Manila weekend.

Beside my bed is my tumbler. Would you like to know what’s inside the tumbler?

  • Even greater room. My room is my resting place. The actual rest. Everyday I go home and rest in a gleeful stance. I enjoy my work every detail of it. I love my work-small and great! There are times that I’m tired, and needed an even a greater room that is in God. His great guidance, He always reminds me that I may take rest, a breather in Him. I may pause but I know that my God neither rests nor stops. He is able, He is mighty, He is faithful, and He never tires. So I rest in His love and put all my cares on Him because He cares for me.

The wonderful abode found in God!

Last night, as I finished interceding for our YFL youth camp in Iloilo, I was again reaffirmed of my fate. Let me share to you the lines that struck me.

“A good man draws a circle around him and cares for those within. His women, his children. Other men draw a larger circle and bring within their brothers and sisters. Some men have a great destiny. They must draw around themselves a circle that encloses many, many more. Your Father was one of those men. You must decide for yourself whether you are as well” –Tictic from the movie 10,000BC.

I believe from the beginning of my wonderful journey with Him, every step of the way was an instrumental preparation. The good-trainings, meeting significant people, leading, following— and also the not-so-good- persecutions, maligning, distrust, character assassination, “tsismis”, that were all against me—were the things that molded to become a person of strong character, of strong conviction, of vision and of wisdom. Truly an instrumental preparation and I continue to be in awe of His great wonders moving, penetrating and resonating in me.

  • Call for intercession. I know that I’m an imperfect vessel, and just a blurry light to the world so I continue to pray that I’ll never grow weary that I may fulfill my purpose for His glory. I draw strength, wisdom, guidance, love and deep happiness (Joy) from an infinite source through prayer. Help me pray that I may continue to spread His goodness to others through my presence and time and in turn introduce more people to come back to His grace. Help me pray that I’ll do excellently in my secular job and as well as in my service to my CFC-FFL family and the Church. It’s not about me, it’s about You! All glory belongs to my God.


Comments

nice photos. nice room.

Popular posts from this blog

Earthquake hits Negros-Cebu Region- February 6, 2012

An earthquake hit the Negros-Cebu region on February 6, 2012 at 11:49AM, The US Geological Survey (USGS) confirmed that the Negros-Cebu region was the epicenter of this quake. The Philippine counterpart agency-Phivolcs-- that the cause of the shake was tectonic in origin with magnitude 6.9. Further, the quake has a depth of 33km, with epicenter 71 km off (44 miles) SSE (161°) of Bacolod, Negros, Philippines. ALERT . Crimonology students on guard after short moments of shock. Trembling from other areas such as Iloilo City (Intensity 5);  Kalibo, Aklan; San Jose de Buenavista and Pandan, Antique; Sta. Barbara, Iloilo; Dipolog City (Intensity 4) was also observed. This trembling sent home thousands of students after administrators announced the postponement of classes. Philvolcs warned that major damage and aftershocks are expected from the quake. Everyone is advised to take proper measures and safeguarding. In Iloilo city, students from all over the metro observed their disaste

Electronics Engineers in Western Visayas

The building code of the Philippines under PD1096 has been amended under the house bill (HB) 2836 in relation to the Republic Act (RA) 9292 (Electronics Engineering Law of 2004). Image borrowed from  http://www.aguileon.com/ Referring to PD 1096, The said amendments included under Rule 1, Sec.103 the additional scope and application of the code which states "The scope of this IRR shall cover the following disciplines: architectural, civil/structural, electrical, mechanical, sanitary, plumbing and electronics ". My stake to this amendment is that it gives additional force to the weak power of the electronics engineers in the country, particularly here in the Visayas. The common misnomer to the old building code is that the scope of the structured cabling, telephony and other electronics equipment such as but not limited to fire alarm system and CCTV, is attributed to electrical engineers. Although there are some similarities in the properties of the said devices and e

Test Taking Strategies for Fresh Graduates

Test Taking Strategies for Fresh Graduates. How to take an occupational test? How to prepare for tests? How to answer employee questions? Tips for taking tests! These are some of the reverberating excerpts I hear a lot of times from fresh graduates of many universities. I wish to shed some light into this matter by sharing experiences I had with several multinational companies that I applied and worked for. Today, I will be speaking and sharing the wonderful sets of learning I gained to 200 graduating students of  University of Iloilo-PHINMA Education Network. I wish to be of help to these students by exposing to them the common tests that employers give, how to prepare for an examination, how to prepare for the big battle (of passing the test of the student's company of choice). This is my street-wise approach that I use and for many years have led me to join big companies. If you wish to grab a copy of this training, please leave your e-mail address by posting under the c